Continued from: Prevent Colic in Babies
Q. Hi Ma, My grandmother used to make kajal (kohl) at home. I want to try the same. How can I do that ?
Ans. You can easily make kajal at home.
You will need :
1) Ghee or mustard oil (whichever is available to you ).
2) Silver or brass lamp.
3) Cotton to make a wick.
4) A silver or brass container or plate to cover the lamp.
- Fill a silver or brass lamp with oil or ghee.
- Make a wick with cotton. Light the lamp.
- Cover the lamp lightly with the container or plate, so that that the flame touches it but not completely cover it.
- Let it burn for few hours.
- After 5-6 hours, you will see soot collected on the cover.
- Add a few drops of homemade ghee to it to a smooth consistency.
- Your kajal is ready.
PS : Please don’t put kajal in baby’s eyes as doctors do not recommend it.